25 Happiness Quotes For When You Need A Little Boost
What is happiness? Well, the definition of happiness is the state of being happy.
For me, the definition of happiness is the feeling of joy and contentment in my life—all those little things throughout the day that make me smile. And the sweet memories that pop into my mind now and then.
Happiness is living your life to the fullest extent. Counting your blessings and feeling gratitude.
Sit down and make a list of all the things big and small that make you happy. I think you may be surprised at how long your list may end up being. Sometimes we don't take the time to think about how much happiness is truly in our lives.
If you feel a bit unhappy now and then, I have made a list of twenty-five quotes that I hope will give you a bit of a boost and maybe even make you smile.
1. "Happiness doesn't depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.
2. "The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things."
Henry Ward Beecher
3. "The happiness of life is made up of the little charities of a kiss or smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment." Samuel Taylor Coleridge
4. "Train your mind to see the good in everything. Positivity is a choice. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts."
5. "The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are."
6. "Learn to value yourself, which means; fight for your happiness."
7. "If you want to be happy, be."
8. "A great obstacle to happiness is to expect too much happiness."
Bernard De Fontenelle
9. "Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like."
10. "Judge nothing; you will be happy. Forgive everything; you will be happier. Love everything; you will be happiest."
11. "Happiness is where we find it, but very rarely where we seek it."
J Petit Senn
12. "The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life."
13. "Happiness comes in waves; it'll find you again."
14. "Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There's going to be stress in life, but it's your choice whether you let it affect you or not."
15."Happiness is when what think, what you say, and you do are in harmony."
16. "The greatest secret to happiness and peace is letting every life situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be. Then, make the very best of it." Thibaut
17. "There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do."
18. "Embrace the glorious mess that you are."
19. "People should find happiness in the little things like family."
20. "When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars."
21. "The most important thing is to enjoy your life-to be happy-it's all that matters."
22. "Being happy never goes out of style."
23. "You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness."
Jonanthan Safran Foer
24. "Happiness is a gift, and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes."
25. "We don't laugh because we're happy-we're happy because we laugh."
So what's your definition of happiness?