26 Motivating Quotes To Inspire You To Not Compare Yourself To Others
Affiliate links may be used in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate links.
At one time or another, we have all compared ourselves to that friend, neighbor, or family member. We shouldn't do that. Instead, we should just become the best version of ourselves. Be yourself—your very own unique self.
Below are some quotes to remind you why you shouldn't compare yourself to others. Enjoy!
1. "Everything in life is easier when you don't concern yourself with what everybody else is doing."
2. "Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself." –Coco Chanel
3. "Every minute you spend wishing you had someone else's life is a minute spent wasting yours." Unknown
4. "Look in the mirror rather than at your neighbor."
― Frank Sonnenberg
5. "There's competition at every phase of your life. The day we start thinking about it, you lose your peace of mind. I don't compete with anyone."
-Rakul Preet Singh
6. "Be yourself, and give them something new to copy." – Nitin Namdeo
7. "Comparison is the death of joy." – Mark Twain
8. "Everything in life is easier when you don't concern yourself with what everybody else is doing." ANONYMOUS
9. "Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else." –
10. "The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind the scenes with everyone else's highlight reel." – Steve Furtick
11. "You don't have to live up to anyone else's standards, you don't have to look like anyone else, you don't have to compare yourself to anyone else." - Lizzie Velasquez
12. "Comparison is the most poisonous element in the human heart because it destroys ingenuity and it robs peace and joy."
― Euginia Herlihy
13. "The only person you should try to be better than is who you were yesterday." – Unknown
14. "Try not to get lost in comparing yourself to others. Discover your gifts and let them shine!" – Jennie Finch
15. "Don't focus on the competition, focus on ways to make yourself better." – Hopal Green
16. "Comparison is the root cause of all evil.
Why compare when no two people are alike?"
17. "Seek inspiration from others rather than comparing yourself to others." – Nitin Namdeo
18. "Comparisons make you feel superior or inferior, neither serve a useful purpose." –Jane Travis
19. "The more you focus on you, the better you become." – Doe Zantamata
20. "Whatever your passion is, keep doing it. Don't waste time chasing after success or comparing yourself to others. Every flower blooms at a different pace. Excel at doing what your passion is and only focus on perfecting it. Eventually people will see what you are great at doing, and if you are truly great, success will come chasing after you." Suzy Kassem
21. "We all go through stages. Concerns about appearances, making good impressions, being popular, comparing yourself to others, having unbridled ambition, wanting to make money, striving to be recognized and noticed, and trying to establish yourself, all fade as your responsibilities and character grow."-
22. "About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all." – Rita Mae Brown
23. "Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another." – Marquis de Condorcet
24. "To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." – Bono
25. "What's the point of being better than someone else?" – Noam Chomsky
26. "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." – Ralph Waldo Emerson