30 Helpful Quotes On Overthinking
Thinking about things can be good, but overthinking things can cause anxiety and stress.
I think we've all, at some point, reexamined a conversation we had with someone. It could be someone at work or a family member. But whoever it was, you were suddenly worried about how you sounded or the words you used. You feel a bit embarrassed. And it keeps jumping into your thoughts. And I may go out on a limb here, but I would guess that person you were talking to didn't give that conversation a second thought. But still, we run it over and over in our heads. Just let it go. Don't sweat the small stuff.
There are times when we should do a bit of overthinking. Things like changing jobs, moving to a new location, or buying a house. These are all things that should be given a lot of thought. Make a list of pros and cons. Talk with family and friends. Overthinking will not guarantee that you will make the correct decision. But remember that life doesn't come with too many guarantees.
30 Helpful quotes on overthinking
1. "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere." Van Wilder
2. "Overthinking, also known as creating problems that are never there."
3. "No amount of anxiety makes any difference to anything that is going to happen."
4. "Less thinking, more living."
5. "Stop overthinking and end your problems."
6. "Stop overthinking, put more energy on what you really want to do."
7. "Worrying is like paying a debt you don't owe."
8. "You are not going to worry yourself out of a problem."
9. "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two, it's all small stuff."
10. "I think and think and think, I've thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never into it."
Jonathan Safran Foer
11. "My father taught me not to overthink things, that nothing is ever perfect so just keep moving and do your best."
12. "Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded."
13. "If my mind is busy thinking about things like how someone hurt or upset me and how I can protect myself or get back at them, I'm too busy in my head to enjoy the present moment."
14. "Nothing in life is more remarkable than the unnecessary anxiety which we endure, and generally create ourselves."
15. "If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done."
16. "Overthinking ruins beautiful things before they even begin."
17. "If you keep thinking about what you want to do or what you hope will happen, you don't do it, and it won't happen."
18. "Overthinking is one of the biggest causes of unhappiness. It mostly creates problems that do not exist."
19. "You cannot get what you want by thinking about what you don't want."
20. "You can't be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute".
21. "You know, it is a little known fact that thinking is entirely overrated. The world would be a much better place if we all did a lot less of it."
Laurie Viera Rigler
22. "Overthinking leads to negative thoughts."
23. "Thinking is good. Overthinking can end things before they ever get the chance to develop."
24. "Stop worrying about what tomorrow may bring. Focus on what you can control. Stay positive. Enjoy today. Expect good things to come."
25. "Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
26. "Sometimes you gotta stop worrying, wondering and doubting. Have faith that things will work out. Maybe not as you planned, but how they were meant to be."
27. "It's time to just be happy. Being angry, sad and overthinking isn't worth it any more. Just let things flow. Be positive."
28. "98% of your problems would be solved if you stopped overthinking things. So take a deep breath and calm down."
29. "Relax, take a care break. Calm your mind and things will begin to work themselves out."
30"RIP to all the hours of sleep I have lost overthinking."
I hope that at least a few of these quotes will help quiet your mind and bring you a sense of calm. Remember, don't sweat the small stuff.