12 Tips That Will Make You More Productive
"The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule but to schedule your priorities."
This post does contain affiliate links in it. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn a commission if an item is purchased.
If you want to get something done, you have to be productive. With the right productivity skills, you can conquer almost anything and get tons of stuff done.
Being productive means, we can better manage our time, which will give us more time for other things.
If we are productive, we can better manage all aspects of our life.
Productivity gives us a sense of accomplishment. We feel like we really have our sh*it together. And that is a great feeling.
TIPS To Make US MORE PRODUCTIVE
1. Get started early. I am an early riser, so that is one thing that is not a problem for me. I find the early morning to be a productive time for me.
2. Start your morning off with a good breakfast and if you're a coffee drinker, get in some caffeine. You have to prepare yourself for your day.
3. Start your day with some morning stretches. It will kick start your day and get your energy flowing.
4. Keep your work area neat and organized. It is so much easier to focus and get things accomplished when things are organized and within easy reach.
I use the Aupsen Mesh Desk Organizer to help keep me organized.
5. Do one thing at a time. No multi-tasking. Just concentrate all your efforts on one thing at a time.
6. Keep your to-do list realistic Don't put more on your list than you can realistically accomplish.
7. The five-minute rule seems to work for a lot of people.
Any task that only takes a few minutes to accomplish, you need to get it done and off the list!
8. Take a short break now and then. Take a walk and get some fresh air. Get energized a bit. It is essential to get up and move around.
9. Make a to-do list of your top priorities. Go down the list in order of importance.
10. Start with the most challenging thing on your list or even just the one that you are dreading the most. Get it down and checked off your list.
11. Stay focused and off social media. Being productive can be very challenging. Especially with all the distractions we have facing us today. And social media is something that can suck the productivity out of you so fast that you won't know what hit you. Bam! The day is over, and you realize that you have scrolled through Twitter and Instagram and accomplished pretty much nothing! I know because I have been there and done more times than I like to admit.
12. Attitude is always critical. And it's just as important when it comes to being productive and getting things done. We all know that having a bad mood is never a good thing. Bad attitudes rarely motivate you. And a lousy mood certainly doesn't inspire great creativity. So work on having a positive mindset and attitude. It will do wonders for your productivity.
I have tried several planners but my favorite so far the Bloom daily planner is one of my favorites.
I hope you found these tips helpful.
“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee