Habits For Health And Happiness
"Happiness is a matter of one's most ordinary and everyday mode of consciousness being busy and lively and unconcerned with self." – Iris Murdoch This post may contain affiliate links that earn us a commission at no extra cost to you. We all want to live a happy, healthy life. And pretty much it's up to us how happy and how healthy we are going to be. I plan to live a long and healthy life. I want to stay active. How about you? For us to live longer and stay active- we have to remain active. We can't expect to continue being active into old age if we sit on our rear ends and doing nothing. So we have to stay involved and active in our daily life. It's a fact that happy, active people live longer.
14 Habits for healthy and happy living
1. Be mindful-Live for right now. The past is the past, and the future is just that it's the future. Concentrate on the here and NOW. 2. Eat more dark chocolate. Not only is it delicious, but it can boost your brainpower.
3. Declutter and organize your home. Nothing says relaxation like a neat and orderly home. 4. Get your shots- as a kid every few years; we had to get shots. Well, guess what you get older, you still need some shots, especially when you hit your 60's and older. You should be sure to get your flu and pneumonia and shingles shots. 5. Take Vitamin D supplements and a calcium supplement.
6. Make sure to eat a healthy diet filled with fruits and vegetables
7. Spend time outside and enjoy nature. That's right-get away from the computer and leave the phone inside.
Breathe in the fresh air
8. Taking a daily walk has so many benefits for you. Better memory, lower stress are just two of the benefits of your daily walk. I guarantee that you feel better after a walk.
9. Drink more water. It seems like no matter what we might be discussing; water is always on the list of must do's. And sadly, most of us do not consume every water. Keep a water bottle handy and drink up.
10. Getting enough sleep makes you more alert, reduces stress, and can prevent depression. How much sleep one needs is different for all of us.
11. Have a regular exercise routine. No gym needed. Check the wide variety of YouTube videos. You should be able to find something that will fit your exercise needs. But joining a gym is also good, especially if you like the company while working out.
12. Find a hobby or some activity that you enjoy and do it often.
13, Slow it down. Take it slow and easy. Have some patience
14. Have more family get-togethers. Good conversation laughs and good food are sure to make everyone happy.
Family is so vital to our happiness and well-being.
“Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.” – Joseph Addison
“Happiness is a state of activity.” – Aristotle