9 Things We Must Do More Often For Ourselves.
Nine Things We Must Do More Often For Ourselves.
Life gets busy. We're tired, and our energy is running low. We let things slide. Or we tell ourselves that we'll get to it soon.
But the time never seems to arrive. We keep saying soon; I'll do it real soon.
Most of the things that we let go of are the things that used to be essential to us. People and events that we enjoyed. Taking time for ourselves.
We need to keep in mind that life is short. Enjoy our friends and family. And also take care of ourselves. Relax a little. Have some downtime. Sometimes you have to put yourself first.
1. When was the last time you watched a movie with your family or even a friend? You don't have to go out to a movie. You could stay in and watch Hulu or Netflix. Either would work. But it's probably past time you did something fun with loved ones. So choose one and do it!
2. Remember when you used to have lunch with your friends on a pretty regular basis. Have you managed to do that lately? Connecting with friends and checking in on what's been going on in their lives? Don't let your friendships disappear from your life. Make time!
3. How often do you get together with your family other than the usual holiday events? Maybe it's time to plan a breakfast get together or perhaps a family potluck. I know it's been a while since I organized a family potluck. I use to arrange them regularly.
4. Taking a trip to your favorite shopping place and then having lunch all by yourself can also be a delightful treat. That is something that I haven't done in a very long time.
5. Spending a day doing nothing but reading or watching television. Or both. But without feeling any guilt for doing absolutely nothing productive. Remember no guilt!
6. Something I haven't tried yet, but I know I should is to turn off all devices for one whole day. I can't even imagine, but it does sound like a great idea.
7. When was the last time you took a nap? I can't remember the last time I did that. I was probably sick. I am not a nap person, yet. But I know a lot of people like their naps. So allow yourself a rest now and then.
8. How often do you sit down and think about what's important to you? The things you want to do and see. The things you would like to accomplish. Have you figured out a plan to see your goals accomplished? Why not? Take the time and do it.
9. Spend more time focusing on the positive good things we have in our lives and quit dwelling on the what-ifs.
That can be the hardest thing that we should be doing.
So my advice is to spend with family and friends having as much fun as you possibly can. Take care of yourself and go after whatever it is you want. Don't keep putting the best part of your life off into the future. The future is now.
I admit that I need to start following my advice. And that is precisely what I am going to do. First things I am going to do is make lunch plans with a couple of friends and plan a family potluck. I got this! How about you?