Ten Tips For When You're Feeling Down
You ever have one of those days where you are in a bit of a funk, feeling a little down? And you are not even sure where this feeling came from or what started it. Maybe you overslept, or perhaps the cold and snow have you down. Or you're letting things out of your control get to you. Whatever it is you need to snap out it!
So, I am going to suggest a few things that should have you feeling so much better.
1. Try doing some exercise. Yeah, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. But, it does genuinely make you feel better. You don't have to spend an hour on exercise. Try taking a twenty-minute walk. But if you are like me, you are not inspired to take a walk in the cold and snow. If you don't want to go outside try a Lesley Sansone walking video. You can find Leslie Sansone's videos on Youtube. I promise you; you will feel better after just walking a mile with Leslie.
2. Music can do wonders for the soul. So let your spirits be lifted listening to a playlist of all the songs that make you happy. Listen to those feel-good songs that remind you of some good times.
3. Call a friend and set up lunch plans or even get together for a cup of coffee. Just enjoying a friends company can be very uplifting.
4. Eat some dark chocolate. It can help reduce your stress hormones. I know eating chocolate makes me happy. I mean why wouldn't it? Hmmm, are there people who don't like chocolate?
5. Sit down and read a good book. Just sit down, put your feet up and lose yourself in a good mystery, romance or maybe an adventure.
6. Watch your favorite movie. The one that always makes you laugh. The Hangover, Date Night, Bridesmaids, Airplane, Coming To America, are just a few that come to mind. And of course, depending on your view of what's funny. Laughter always makes you feel better. So pop some popcorn and watch a funny movie and laugh your ass off.
7. Candles, incense, and essentials oils- The scent of lavender, chamomile, orange, jasmine, and sandalwood would be good choices for mood-enhancing.
8. Take some extra time on your appearance. Apply some makeup and put on one of your favorite outfits. Nothing boosts your mood quite like feeling good about your appearance. Self-confident and ready for the day.
9. Don't let your mind wander to those dark places you may have. We all have those things we don't like to dwell on. The things we should have done, the things we did do that we shouldn't have. Maybe Instead, immediately focus on the good things in your life. And you know you have a lot of good things going on for you. Dwelling on the what if's gets you nowhere.
10. And most importantly-SMILE
I hope you have found something here that can help the next time your spirits need a lift.
Would love to hear what works for you.