10 Things We Can't Control In Life
Updated: 4 days ago
"If you can't do anything about it, then let it go. Don't be a prisoner to things you can't change."
"We're all spending way too much of our time and energy trying to fight the stuff we can't change." ~ Gayle King
Most of the things in life that annoy us are things we can't possibly change or control. But yet, we spend much of our time complaining and wringing our hands over such little and sometimes trivial things.
Examples of a few of the things we can't change, but we always complain about them anyway.
1. The weather is too hot, too cold, raining, snowing, etc. We never seem to be content about the weather conditions.
2. We really can't control much of anything going on in the world today. The world is not something we can get a handle on. So we will have to be content with complaining and maybe even arguing about it.
3. Face it, none of us can live forever. No way we can challenge that fact of life.
4. We can't change anything in the past. No matter how much we would like to change things. But we still constantly relive the past, thinking about the 'what if's.' We need to just let it all go.
5. Not everyone we meet is going to like us. I know it's hard to believe, but sadly that is a true statement. But to be fair, we don't always like everyone we meet. So, you could say it all balances out.
6. We can't change the fact that things go wrong from time to time. Shit happens!
7. And everyone will not always be pleased with the things we say and do. I guess you could say both parties have to deal with how they handle it.
8. Change happens to all of us, whether we want it or not. Sometimes the change is for good, and sometimes it's not. It's part of life. We have to learn to deal with the changes.
9. And the cat lovers, you may as well give up trying to control or manage your cats. They are in charge, not you. It would be best if you remembered that.
10. Time waits for no one. The older we get, the faster time goes by. Make the most of every day. We don't get a pause button for life.
Now, if we can only make ourselves more accepting of the things we can't change, we might all be a little bit happier. Let's work on it.
"You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future." ~ Isak Dinesen