18 Fun Ideas For Summer 2020
18 Ideas for Summer 2020
The year 2020 has been quite a year. And not exactly in a good way. We practically started the new year off with the COVID virus, which led us to months of basically being locked down at home.
And then we went into protests and unrest in the country.
And the virus is still a significant factor in our day to day lives. No one has a clue as to when things might return to the good old days. And I refuse to accept the 'new normal.'
With so many of our usual summer events canceled and so many restrictions still in place, we may have to make some significant adjustments. Many of our routine summer activities are not feasible, and those that are doable require changes that may not make them worth doing.
But that doesn't mean that summer can't be fun. We can still find ways to enjoy our summer.
18 Ideas for summer 2020
1. Summer picnics with family and friends. Explore some new parks. Enjoy some hot dogs and watermelon.
2. Walk barefoot on the beach a few times. I am sure; I am not the only one who likes the feel of sand between my toes. Walking barefoot in the sand is one of my favorite things about summer. I find it to be very calming.
3.Do some swimming. The cold water always feels good on a hot day. Not to mention, it's excellent exercise.
4. Sit around a bonfire and make some S'mores.
5. Take some time away from the internet and social media. And stay away from the news! You will feel much better and more relaxed.
6. Check out a couple of nearby small towns that you have never visited. I have always thought that I would like to live in a small town. You know the kind. Everyone knows each other, and the older folks (I am one of those older people) would be meeting at the local Tim Hortons every morning for coffee and muffins.
A small quaint little town. Maybe with some great history to share. And small towns always seem to have some great little shops and bakeries.
7. Miniature golf can be a fun activity for the family.
8. Drive-in movies are back. So grab some snacks and pack up the car and see a movie.
9. Find a quiet spot on a beach and settle in for some reading.
10. Host a back yard party. You can make it even better by having a theme for your backyard party.
11. Ice cream is always right. Try some ice cream parlors you've never visited before. Or have your own ice cream social at home. Let everyone make their own sundaes.
12. Make fresh, squeezed lemonade.
13. Build sandcastles. We're never too old for that.
14. Beat the heat and sit inside and do a jigsaw puzzle.
15. You are never too old for a water balloon fight with the younger generation.
16. Have a movie marathon day. Everyone gets to choose a movie. And don't forget the popcorn.
17. When was the last time you played horseshoes?
18. Set up a volleyball net and form a couple of teams. The losing team pays for pizza.
This summer, all we can do is be creative and make the best of things. Spend time with small groups of family and friends. Back yard barbeques and lots of walks. And don't forget the ice cream. We can still make good memories.