32 Quotes That Highlight The Beauty Of Fall
My season is summer. But, I try to make the most of the fall season. I try not to think about what comes after Fall. I enjoy the cider mills, the donuts, and the cider. The pretty colors of the leaves as they prepare to say goodbye.
I am not a fan of the cooler temperatures. But, I do enjoy having a fire in the fireplace. It's a give and take kind of thing.
Come winter; I will start counting down the days until Summer.
In the meantime, I will share some great quotes that showcase the beauty and wonder of the Fall season.
1. "Autumn is the time when Nature takes her watercolor to the trees."
2. "September days have the warmth of summer in their briefer hours, but in their lengthening evenings a prophetic breath of autumn."
Rowland E. Robinson
3. "Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile."
John Howard Bryant
4. "I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."
5. "Autumn is the season to find contentment at home by paying attention to what we already have."
6. Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
7. "Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go."
8. "It's the first day of autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings, and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all, leaping into leaves!"
9. "Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn a mosaic of them all."
10. "And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened."
11. "The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves. We have had our summer evenings; now for October eves!"
– Humbert Wolfe
12. "Autumn leaves shower like gold, like rainbows, as the winds of change begin to blow."
– Dan Millman
13. "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall," F. Scott Fitzgerald
14. "There is a time in the last few days of summer when the ripeness of autumn fills the air, and time is quiet and mellow."
15. "No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face."
16. "Leaves descending to the ground,
Orange, magenta, green & brown
The cool crisp breezes in the air,
Autumn season must be here."
Charmaine J Forde
17. "Fall colors are funny. They're so bright and intense and beautiful. It's like nature is trying to fill you up with color, to saturate you so you can stockpile it before winter turns everything muted and dreary."
18. "September days have the warmth of summer in their briefer hours, but in their lengthening evenings a prophetic breath of autumn."
Rowland E. Robinson
19. "The heat of autumn is different from the heat of summer. One ripens the apples, the other turns them to cider."
– Jane Hirshfield
20. "Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons."
21. "And all at once, summer collapsed into fall."
22. "Autumn whispered to the wind 'I fall, but always rise again'."
23. "Autumn leaves don't fall; they fly. They take their time and wander on this, their only chance t soar."
24. "Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
25. "Two sounds of autumn are unmistakable…the hurrying rustle of crisp leaves blown along the street…by a gusty wind, and the gabble of a flock of migrating geese."
26. "See it, smell it, taste, it, and forget the time of day or year. Autumn needs no clock or calendar."
27. "October, the extravagant sister, has ordered an immense amount of the most gorgeous forest tapestry for her grand reception."
Oliver Wendell Holmes
28. "As long as autumn lasts, I shall not have hands, canvas and colors enough to paint the beautiful things I see."
Vincent Van Gogh
29. "I love the autumn—that melancholy season that suits memories so well. When the trees have lost their leaves, when the sky at sunset still preserves the russet hue that fills with gold the withered grass, it is sweet to watch the final fading of the fires that until recently burnt within you."
― Gustave Flaubert
30. "There is something so special in the early leaves drifting from the trees–as if we are all to be allowed a chance to peel, to refresh, to start again."
– Ruth Ahmed
31. "Spring is beautiful, and summer is perfect for vacations, but autumn brings a longing to get away from the unreal things of life, out into the forest at night with a campfire and the rustling leaves."
– Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
32. "The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools."
― Henry Beston