5 New Habits I Want To Add To My Day
Five New Habits I Want To Add To My Day
Do you ever have things in the back of your mind that keep pushing at you? Things you know you should be doing. Things that you want to do. But as much as you want to do these things, you keep pushing back at those things. I will do it tomorrow, or I will plan it for next week. Always ready with excuses. Some of the items are downright simple and easy.
Here is a list of some of the things that I would like to add into my day. There is nothing hard about any of them. All, I need is some necessary motivation to get and do them.
1. Clean up and organize my desk at the end of each day. I am pretty sure my mornings would be more productive if my desk area looked like it was ready to get started with the day.
Seriously, it would take five or ten minutes. And in those five or ten minutes, I could have everything I needed ready to go first thing in the morning.
2. Drinking at least 20 ounces of water in the morning. Why is it so dang easy to drink cup after cup of coffee in the morning. But water?? And it can be sitting right next to me.
3. Listen to more music and less talk radio. This one might be the easiest to get a handle on. I love music. I need to make a favorite playlist.
4. More walks outside. How hard should it be to every day just get up and out and take a walk? Do it every day at the same time.
5. I would like to challenge myself more. Maybe step out of my comfort zone, so to speak. Just not sure exactly how I want to challenge myself. I was going out of my comfort zone the first time I shared my blogs with friends and family. That was kinda scary. I do realize that I did survive it, though.
While I was writing this post, something I read a while ago popped into my mind. It was about creating new daily habits. The writer suggested adding one new habit at a time. After a week or ten days add in another new habit. Definitely sounds like a good plan. Slow and easy.
Of course, the hard part will be getting started, but one habit at a time sounds workable.