Enjoying The Little Luxuries
Enjoying The Little Luxuries
"Luxury can be very simple, for example, staying 15 minutes longer in bed."
– Jean-Louis Dumas
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
The word luxury immediately brings to mind a wealthy, glamorous lifestyle. You can picture a woman wrapped in a fluffy towel getting a massage in a pricey spa. And then a glass of wine in her hand and a smile on her face. Her life is good.
But you don't have to be wealthy to enjoy some luxuries. It's been said that you are in charge of your happiness. Well, guess what? You are in control of your luxury also. And there are many affordable ways you can feel like you are living in the lap of luxury. Luxuries don't have to be expensive. To me, luxuries are those things that make you happy and make you feel good about yourself.
Enjoy The Little Luxuries
1. You can have that luxury spa day if that is what you want. Buy yourself a sizeable fluffy spa-like towel or a spa wrap. Add some scented candles around the area of your bathtub and some moisturizing bath salts to help you relax. And, of course, you will need a nifty bathtub tray. Maybe add some of your favorite chocolate and a pretty glass filled with your preferred wine. And then you need to lay back and relax. It feels luxurious, right?
2. Treating yourself to fresh flowers in a pretty vase adds a touch of luxury. And you don't need to pay those high florist prices. Most grocery stores today have a floral department with a large assortment of fresh flower bouquets for a reasonable price.
3. Sometimes real luxury is being able to take the time to settle into a comfortable chair with a good book and a cup of coffee and chill. Add a scented candle to the mix, and you are living well.
4. You can pamper yourself by giving yourself a pedicure and putting some fuzzy socks on afterward. You have to admit that you feel pretty good after a pedicure.
5. Putting on a nice cozy lounging set and spending a relaxing evening on the sofa watching a movie.
6. There are days when an afternoon nap would be considered luxurious.
7. Getting into a bed with fresh, clean sheets always feels so good.
8. Lunch out alone with a good book.
9. Being lucky enough to have a day off with no responsibilities.
10. Enjoying a cup of your favorite coffee or tea.
11. Who doesn't enjoy a scrumptious dinner out with your significant other?
12. Enjoying a weekend away with family or friends. Or staying home with family and friends and watching movies or playing games.
13. Getting exercise is good for us and makes us feel good too.
14. Splurging on your favorite dessert. Enjoying the gooey chocolate cake you like so much or digging into a bowl of ice cream—pure bliss.
15. Our pets have to be one of our favorite luxuries. Our furry friends are like family. And did you know there are health benefits to having pets?
16. Enjoying a cozy fire on a cold winter night.
17. Take a leisurely walk and take in the sights of your neighborhood. Maybe even chat with a neighbor.
18. Light some candles. The flicker of candlelight and the scent of the candles add a welcoming, cozy feel to any room.
19. A nice cozy warm throw to warm up the cold night.
20. The aroma of freshly baked cookies. And, of course, the taste of those freshly baked cookies.
Enjoy your favorite little luxuries as often as you can. I believe life's little extras are appreciated more than those expensive luxuries.
True luxury is being able to own your time – to be able to take a walk, sit on your porch, read the paper, not take the call, not be compelled by obligation.
– Ashton Kutcher
As an Amazon Affiliate Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no added cost to you.
"What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee?"
– Anthony Trollope