I hate winter! But 8 things I enjoy about winter.
Updated: Jan 21
Having my first cup of coffee and watching the snow fall here in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
We usually don’t expect snow to arrive this early.
No significant snow yet, though thankfully. But honestly, no snow would be just fine with me.
I don’t even want to think about driving in the snow and ice.
I am not a fan of winter. Cold, snow, and ice is genuinely not my idea of fun. Give me sunshine, and sandy beaches.
But, to get into the swing of winter, I have managed to come up with a list of 8 things I enjoy during the winter.
1. A cup of hot chocolate with whipped crème. The feeling of the hot cup cradled in my hands and just the aroma of the chocolate. Oh so good!
2. Warm fuzzy PJ’s. Sort of a necessity, but they do feel oh so, soft and warm.
3. Sitting inside and looking out at the newly fallen snow. Notice I said seated inside. But even, I have to admit that snow-covered trees can be quite beautiful.
Wading through snow and shoveling not so beautiful.
4.Nothing better than a fire in the fireplace. Watching the flames dancing and listening to the crackle of the fire. Yep, it’s pretty sweet.
5. Christmas decorations-Really who doesn’t like Christmas decorations? The Christmas trees, the garland, the poinsettia plants, the stockings hung along the fireplace mantel. It gives you such a feeling of peace and anticipation.
6. Christmas cookies-Nothing like the smell of cookies baking in the oven. Even better is eating the fresh warm cookies. And its always a good time decorating the cookies with your family.
7. I am planning on a couple of weekend trips to Las Vegas. We try to break up the winter by flying out to Vegas a time or two this winter.
8. I will be counting down the days until my favorite season-summer! Now we’re talking.
But I would gladly give up all of the above if I could have summer all year round.
Maybe someday, we will move to a warmer climate.
But in the meantime, I will enjoy my hot chocolate in front of the fireplace wearing my warmest PJ’s, looking out at the snow covered trees.
But in my mind, I will be soaking up the sun listening to the waves gently rolling into shore.