Prepping for Summer. My Thirteen Essentials.
Prepping for summer.
So spring is here, and my biggest concern is getting myself ready for summer.
Bears hibernate during the winter, I semi-hibernate, but I also eat enormous amounts of junk food. So when I come out of hibernation, well let's say it's not a pretty sight.
The good news about coming out of hibernation is that summer will soon be arriving. And summer, well, that's my season.
But, it also means that I have my work cut out for me. I need to get myself ready for my favorite season.
After a sluggish and somewhat piggish winter, I have a lot of work to do. My March goals included exercise and more healthy eating. The results so far with only one more week in March are sadly lacking. Not a total bust, but I need to up my game. So starting today, I pledge to add more exercise into my daily life. And track my food intake a bit closer.
I need to drop about 8 pounds. I know I can do it, but the mindset has to be just so.
My next step in getting ready for my season is not one I recommend to anyone. But, I do the tanning thing. Yes, yes, I know, I know. So please no lectures. I have been tanning a few times a week for a couple of months every year, and I don't remember precisely for how long. But it's what I do. Most of us have a vice that isn't good for us. That's mine. Guilty as charged.
And then shortly, before, our planned vacation, I shop. This year, I am going to try hard not to purchase too many things. Because honestly, I know I probably don't need anything. But it's part of my getting ready for vacation routine. And then the next step will be to over-pack for vacation. It's all part of the process.
Some of my summer essentials:
1. Cute flip flops-You always need more than one pair.
2. Practical, comfortable flip flops for doing a lot of walking.
3. Bright colored summer tops. Crazy prints and solid bright colors.
4. Pretty painted toes. Flip flops and sandals require pretty brightly painted toes.
5. Summer-like pretty earrings
6. Sunscreen-Yes, I do use sunscreen when I am outside. You probably think it makes no sense.
Tanning beds and sunscreen at the pool. Well, it shows that I am not a total idiot.
7. I always need a cute bag for taking to the pool or the beach.
8. Large pretty beach towels are a must.
9. Sunglasses are a huge necessity.
10. A cute flattering swimsuit or maybe two to add to my collection. Finding one that flatters gets harder and harder every year.
11. A couple of cute bathing suit cover-up to hide the not so flattering bathing suits.
12. Large water bottle that will keep my drinks cold.
13. Large cooler with wheels.
I think that pretty much covers the basic needs.
So my daily routine for the next couple of months has to include exercise, watching what I eat, shopping, tanning, and over-packing for vacation. Good times.
Did I miss anything? What are your summer needs?