15 Inexpensive Ways For Older Folks To Have Fun
"Age is not how old you are, but how many years of fun you've had."
We don't have to spend time feeling bored because we have gotten older. There are plenty of things we older folks can do to have fun. Sometimes we have to be creative and also open to new things. And don't forget to embrace the same old stuff you used to love to do.
And the best thing is we don't always have to spend much money to have fun. Friends, family, and the right attitude is what we need the most to have some fun.
This Post may contain affiliate links. I am an Amazon Affiliate and earn a commission on qualifying sales.
15 Inexpensive Ways To Have Some Fun
1. If you can ride a bike, why not head out and see what's been happening in your neighborhood? Maybe spend a little time chatting with a neighbor or two.
2. Set up a weekly coffee club. Meet at your favorite shop or take turns hosting at your homes. Coffee, donuts, and conversation are fun ways to spend some time.
3. How about an afternoon movie? Most movie theaters give a senior discount. You can enjoy popcorn and a movie.
4. Try something new. Sign up for a ceramic or pottery class.
5. I like browsing through thrift shops. I don't always find something I need or can't live without, but looking is fun. Looking with a friend is even better.
6. If you like reading, find a book club or start with a few like-minded friends who enjoy reading.
7. Binge-watch your favorite old TV favorites like I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, The Golden Girls, Matlock, or whatever your favorites may be. We have had a lot of great television throughout the years. Maybe some of the great classic movies of years gone by. One of my favorites is Rear Window with Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly.
8. Pack up a picnic and head off to your favorite park. Invite some friends or go solo if you prefer and enjoy some nature.
9. Visit some local tourist attractions in your area. We all probably have a few tourist attractions in our area we rarely visit. Play tourist now and then.
10. Surprise your family and friends with a handwritten letter. Letter writing seems to be a lost art. Imagine their surprise at receiving a letter.
11. There must undoubtedly be a place in your area that offers Bingo! Even younger people love to play Bingo.
12. Organize a potluck and game evening with family and friends. Board games and food are a fun combination.
13. Visit your favorite ice cream parlor. Ice cream makes everything fun. And the amount of different flavors is just plain incredible.
14. If you have a favorite little diner or restaurant that you like, make lunch or dinner a weekly event. Regular events give you something to look forward to.
15. Get some friends involved with a daily walk. Enjoy some exercise and conversation every morning or afternoon.
A simple visit with friends or family is all that most of us need to have some fun. And we create great memories we can relive and enjoy over and over.
"I am going to keep having fun every day I have left, because there is no other way of life. You just have to decide whether you are a Tigger or an Eeyore." – Randy Pausch