18 Tips For Maintaining That Young Feeling
Since we cannot turn back the hands of time, we have to find other ways to keep ourselves feeling young. We are only as old as we feel. So we have to keep on doing the things that make us feel more youthful.
Tips for Maintaining that young feeling
1. Keeping active and getting exercise can help you keep your mobility. But remember, we all slow down as we get older. The trick is to keep moving.
2. Look for groups or organizations to join that will have you socializing and give you a purpose.
3. Music is good for the soul and can bring back incredible memories of younger years. I still listen to Rock N Roll. How can you not feel young listening to those classic tunes? Rock N Roll never gets old. But whatever your music tastes, turn it up.
4. Movies like our music can make us feel happy and younger if we revisit them. Settle in for a night of movies that you loved when you were younger.
5. A glass of wine can be good for you. Studies at the Imperial College, London, have found that moderate alcohol use can reduce your chances of dementia. Also, the Resveratrol in red wine could help slow brain aging. So enjoy a glass of wine and reap some health benefits at the same time.
6. Drink more water. Staying hydrated gives you more energy. And, of course, more energy will keep you moving.
7. Take your vitamins. It's essential to get your daily nutrition needs.
8. Get up and get dressed. Even if you are going to be staying home, get dressed. Sitting around in PJs or some sweats will just make you feel lazy and unproductive. So dress like you mean business. Dress in a style that makes you feel good about yourself. Wear what you like. And who says you have to dress age-appropriate?
9. Smile often. Smiling makes you look younger. And the simple act of smiling makes you feel happier.
10. No napping. Taking a nap does not refresh you. Sometimes it just makes you feel groggy. And napping can make it harder for you to get to sleep at night.
11. Despite what life throws us, always look for the good. A positive attitude is needed. Try to avoid becoming one of those grumpy older people.
12. Spend time going down memory lane. Get out the photo albums. A trip down memory lane is good for you. Sharing your memories and photos is a great way to feel uplifted and happy.
13. Drink some coffee. According to research drinking coffee can improve your memory.
14. Laugh often. Laughter truly is the best medicine. Surround yourself with fun-loving, happy people.
15. Don't let your age stop you from doing things you know you are perfectly capable of doing. Don't let anyone tell you; you are too old.
16. Spend time in the outdoors. Get some sunshine and fresh air. Take a walk, work in your garden, take up bird watching.
17. Be Spontaneous. If you are retired and fancy-free, be open to new things and places. Travel, take some classes. Do some of the things you never had time for before.
18. Don't let getting older stop you from living a good life. Eat right, exercise, stay active, think young, and keep a positive mindset.
So what tips have you found helpful in your journey toward aging? I would be happy to add them to the list?
Other Posts On Aging-
Books you may find helpful