Sure we all wish that we could stay young. We hoped we could hold off that whole getting old thing. But the reality is that we can't.
I don't know about you, but I am thrilled that I have been allowed the opportunity to age. It's going to be a journey of good and bad. But, I am sure it will be exciting and in many ways fulfilling.
Here are six positives for aging ladies.
1. Well, we don't have any student loans. Which from the sounds of things today we are damn lucky not to be still paying off student loans. But I am pretty sure most of us are finished with schooling unless we are keeping our brains sharp and taking a class here and then. At this stage in our lives, we are more apt to spend our time learning things for the sake of keeping our minds in good working order, which is a good and positive thing to do.
2. Hey, ladies, no PMS. I guess that's a positive. But then again, it was always a good excuse for bitchy behavior. But now we are old, and we don't need a reason to be bitchy. I guess old age is reason enough.
3. I don't know about you, but I worry a lot less about what others think of me the older I get. Plus, I hear old people can do crazy shit and get away with it. That sounds like fun, so I hope it's true.
4. At this stage in our lives, we have pretty much made all the significant life-altering decisions that one generally makes. No job or educational pressures. Many even already have their funeral plans all set and ready. Keep living! Hold off making use of those arrangements as long as you can. There is no pressure to make use of those arrangements.
5. Grandchildren are the best. We always thought that having kids was great. But grandchildren are a different kind of great.
You can spoil them, fill them with sugary treats and hug them nearly to death. And then you can send the sugar high, tired kids back to their parents. And that's what grandparents do. Seriously though; grandchildren are an excellent addition to aging. They will help keep you feeling young. Or old depending on the activities you are doing with them.
6. More time-Most of us have more time on our hands now then we did five or ten years ago. So that gives us the time to do nothing if that is what we choose to do. But our time can be used for many things. Traveling, classes, hobbies, fitness, the list goes on and on. And let's not forget we can spend our time being bitchy, acting crazy, sugaring the grandchildren up and those fun things.
Okay, I have to admit I had some fun with this post. We should have some fun as we age. We have earned that right.