Do you ever look around your living room and think something needs to change in this room? Maybe nothing has changed for years, and you know it's time for a bit of an update. Whatever the case may be, it doesn't have to be a major time consuming expensive project.
DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you.
An update to your living room doesn't have to take a lot of time or a lot of cash—just a little creativity.
1. Maybe all you need is a fresh coat of paint. Change up the color. Maybe paint one accent wall. Change to a lighter color. Or perhaps a darker color is better suited. The color choices are limitless. A simple paint job can change the whole look and feel of the room.
2. If at all possible, rearrange some furniture. Something as simple as putting the couch where the chair is and moving a table. Try a few things and see what works for you. Don't be afraid to experiment a bit with your layout.
3. Add some eye-popping color with throw pillows. There are so many different styles and colors of throw pillows. Mix and match them up for a massive burst of color.
4. Add some plants or flowers. There are some fantastic artificial selections available if you don't have a green thumb. Artificial also is low maintenance. The artificial ones are so realistic looking it's hard to tell the difference sometimes. 5. Change up your wall decor. Add something new. Maybe you already have something in the house that would work perfectly for your living room. Maybe put a mirror on the wall in place of the current picture.
6. How about a change in window treatments. I just swapped my vertical blinds for curtains. It is a nice change. 7. Arrange a beautiful colorful throw on your couch—an easy way to add a pop of color. And can be welcoming when you are snuggled up on the sofa with a good book. 8. What's on your coffee table? Maybe it's time to add some flowers or candles. How about a stack of your favorite books. Yes, and even a small plant. 9. Maybe you have a cute little table stuck away somewhere that would look awesome in front of your window. 10. Do you have too much stuff cluttering up your living room? Sometimes fewer things can do wonders for the appearance of a room. Kind of opens it up, making it look a little more spacious and put-together. 11.Fireplace mantels are perfect for some eye-catching collectibles, various photos framed in unique frames, or how about some old antique colored bottles. Let your imagination take over.
So have some fun. Use your imagination and creativity. And make that living room all yours!
And I will leave you with a few decorating quotes. "Be faithful to your own taste, because nothing you really like is ever out of style." Billy Baldwin "Decorating Golden Rule: Live with what you love." Unknown "Make your home as comfortable and attractive as possible and then get on with living." Albert Hadley "Home is the nicest word there is." Laura Ingalls Wilder