Twelve Healthy Ways To Start Your Day Off
We all have a morning routine that we go through day in and day out. We pretty much do it without thinking. And that's good. Morning routines are good for us.
But maybe there are some changes we could make to our morning routines that will change our mornings for the better.
We could make our morning a more positive healthy start to our day.
Twelve suggestions to add to your morning routine:
Affiliate links may be used in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate links.
1. Get up early enough that you don't have to rush through your morning. Feeling rushed is not a positive start to your day. You might want to consider things you could get done the night before that would make things go more smoothly in the morning.
2. Drink a glass of water. Yep, even before your first cup of morning coffee.
3. Stretching first thing in the morning. Try doing it as soon as your feet hit the ground in the morning. Just some light, easy stretching can do wonders for you.
4. If you can make the time for a short work out you will be revved up and ready for the day ahead. Just fifteen minutes will have you feeling more energized. Maybe some push-ups or a quick morning walk.
5. Take the time to think about the good things in your life. The things that make you the happiest. Set the mood for your day with happy, positive thoughts
6. Shower in the morning. Some say a cold shower in the morning is the way to go. But, myself, I prefer my shower to be warm. Relax and energize yourself.
7. Eat a healthy breakfast. You should never skip that first meal of the day. Your body needs fuel to be ready to start the day. Yogurt, whole grain cereal, and fruit are quick and easy.
8. Improve your bedtime habits. Getting enough sleep is essential. Cut your caffeine intake down early in the day.
If needed take a Melatonin supplement. And do away with the blue light in your bedroom.
9. Have a set time for going to bed and for getting up in the morning. Your body's internal clock plays a significant role in regulating your sleep cycle. Sticking to the same sleep and wake schedule helps with your natural sleep rhythm and enables you to achieve a normal regular sleep pattern.
10. Pour your morning coffee in a favorite mug. Maybe something with a funny or uplifting saying on it.
11. Open your shades or curtains up wide and let in the morning sun. Nothing better than sunshine to put you in a good mood. But the sound of rain can also be soothing. I do prefer the sunlight myself though.
12. Music is always good. Turn on some of your favorite tunes to listen to as you get ready for your day.