15 Simple Fun And Productive Ways To Get Up And Move During The Day
Did you know that sitting for long periods is not in any way good for your health? It's true. Sitting for long periods can result in obesity, high cholesterol, high blood sugar, and high blood pressure. And all of that results in significant health issues.
And you can add to that list the chances of Diabetes, Varicose veins, and Dementia also rise significantly. And all of these things can lead to a shorter life.
Adding the daily habit of moving throughout the day can give you a better quality of life and extend your life.
Are you ready to get started? Set a timer or have Alexa remind you to get up and move. Try to make it a habit to get some movement every 45-60 minutes during the day. Try to move around for at least 5 minutes each time.
12 Ways You Can Add Movement To Your Day-
1. Add a morning walk to your routine.
2. Get up from your desk and do some stretches throughout the day.
3. Do some squats or light weight workouts while watching television.
4. Use those television commercials for some added movement, and get up and do a small chore. Fold a load of laundry, empty the dishwasher, and scrub the sinks. Make a list of small tasks that you can do during commercials.
5. If you have to make a phone call get up and move while on the phone. Walk around the office or your home while having your conversation.
6. Put on some music and dance around the house while dusting and vacuuming.
7. Don't look for the closest parking space. Instead, park further away and get some extra steps in.
8. Don't forget your dog needs some exercise. And I am sure your dog wouldn't mind an extra walk now and then.
9. When possible, skip the elevators and opt for the stairs.
10. Use a fitness tracker. Watching your daily steps increase can be a great motivator to walk more.
11. Get involved in outdoor chores. Planting flowers, weeding, and mowing the grass are all great ways to get in some movement and burn some calories.
12. Cut down on your online shopping and do more walking in the malls.
13. I have been known to walk from room to room in my home several times during the day for the extra steps.
14. If you have a gaming system, try playing some games requiring movement.
15. Occasionally swap out sitting down, reading a book for walking, and listening to an audiobook.