8 Ways To Motivate Yourself To Work Out.
Updated: Mar 31
This post contains affiliate links.
If you are like so many others, who find themselves lacking in willpower and motivation when it comes to working out, you may find these tips helpful.
Eight Ways To Motivate Yourself To Work Out.
.1. Schedule it on your daily to-do list. The important thing is to pick a time during the day that will work for you. Don’t choose a time that could easily conflict with something else on your to-do list.
2. Change your perspective. Don’t think of yourself as someone who never sticks to exercise goals. Start thinking of yourself as someone committed to becoming a fit and healthier person.
3. Set achievable goals. Start with some small weekly goals. Feeling a sense of accomplishment when you meet your first goal will help move you on to your next objective. Maybe start with working out three times in the first week or walking a total of 3 miles the first week. Then add a new goal.
4. Variety can be a key to your fitness goals. Don’t always do the same things day in and day out. You will quickly be bored and lose interest. Do some walking workouts, try some work out videos, Zumba, weight training. Keep trying new things.
5. Get a Fitness Tracker. Nothing motivates you like seeing a record of what you’ve accomplished. You will be more likely to take the stairs and park further away to add steps to your day.
6. Keep your workout clothes in plain sight. Let them be one of the first things your eyes connect with in the morning. Maybe buy some new workout clothes. Something that will make you feel good about yourself while wearing them.
7. Get a workout buddy. Having someone else depending on you will make you think twice before ditching your workout to flop down on the couch.
8. Convenience is also a primary key in your work out success. Fancy Gym membership at a location that is miles away will most likely not be a good choice for you. Keep it simple and convenient. There is nothing wrong with working out at home.
Once you get into a routine of exercise, feeling good about yourself, and finding yourself with more energy will also help motivate you.
Good luck. You can do this.