My Thirteen Favorite Healthy Go-To Foods
Maintaining a healthy diet is a struggle for me. Junk food is always calling me. But, I have managed to find some foods that help me ignore the junk food voice. I admit that it doesn't work all the time. But planning is the key to success.
1. Berries. I love strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. I never eat a bowl of cereal without first adding a large quantity of them.
2. Eggs are a healthy breakfast choice. Sometimes I fry an egg and eat with some canadian bacon on a multigrain english muffin. Sometimes I opt for a hard-boiled egg.
3. Jell-O sugar free pudding cups. My favorite is the dark chocolate pudding. It's quite yummy with some added cool whip. And sometimes I warm up the pudding and stir in some cool whip. Even yummier!
4. Premier Protein shakes. I drink the chocolate ones. I find that they are filling and they do taste good — 30grams of protein and only 1 gram of sugar.
5. Oranges are good for a mid-morning snack.
6. Apples make an excellent addition to lunch and supplies some fiber.
7. Bananas are a good source of potassium.
8. Orville Redenbacher's Smart pop with butter. Only 100 calories. Popcorn is one of my favorite foods, so this makes a crunchy snack when I am reading or watching some television. You know sometimes you have to have the crunch.
9. Good Thin Crackers make for a tasty, crunchy snack.
10. Skinny Cow ice cream bars if you are in the mood for ice cream. Any time is ice cream time for me.
11. Baked or grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts. Marinate and season. Quick, easy lunch or dinner.
12. Oatmeal with added walnuts and raisins. Warm and filling breakfast. Especially enjoyable in the winter months.
13. Sliced up veggies are always a quick thing to grab when you need a snack. I like grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. Keep them sliced up and ready to go.
I am following Weight Watchers right now, so these are Zero or low point choices.
Knowing what you are going to eat ahead of time can be the key to keeping on track with your healthy eating.
I would love to hear what your favorite go-to foods are.