30 Quotes On Positive Aging
We should celebrate each day of our life. Forget about the number and enjoy every little moment.
Shove those negative thoughts about aging aside and instead focus on the positive aspects of getting older. Yes, there are some positive things about getting older.
We are smarter, sharper and we skip the drama.
Quotes to remind us that getting old doesn't have to be all bad.
1. "I suppose real old age begins when one looks backward rather than forward."
2. "Aging isn't about getting old it's about LIVING… Learning that you can age well, will actually help you to age better… let's start celebrating and living an engaged life, and stop punishing ourselves for not looking a certain way, and instead holding ourselves accountable for actually taking care of ourselves inside first, knowing the results on the exterior will be a shining side effect."
3. "It matters not how long we live but how."
Phillip James Bailey
4. "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been."
5. You don't stop laughing when you get old, you grow old when you stop laughing."
George Bernard Shaw
6. "Getting old is a fascination thing. The older you get, the older you want to get." ~Keith Richards
7. "Live your life and forget your age."
Norman Vincent Peale
8. "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional."
9. "When we were small children, we all played dress-up and everybody had a good time. So why stop?"
10. "As we grow older, we must discipline ourselves to continue expanding, broadening, learning, keeping our minds active and open."
11. "If you're always battling against getting older, you're always going to be unhappy, because it will happen anyhow."
12. "My mother always used to say, 'The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana'."
13. "Some people are old at 18 and some are young at 90. Time is a concept that humans created."
14. "Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul."
15."Relish love in our old age! Aged love is like aged wine; it becomes more satisfying, more refreshing, more valuable, more appreciated and more intoxicating."
16. "There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age."
17. "Life isn't about your age. Life is about living. So when your birthday comes be thankful for the year that has just past and anticipate with a happy heart what the coming year will bring."
18. "It's not how old you are. It's how you are old."
19. "The great thing about getting older is that you become more mellow. Things aren't as black and white, and you become much more tolerant. You can see the good in things much more easily rather than getting enraged as you used to do when you were young."
20. "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young."
21. "Aging does not necessarily mean letting go of your dreams just because you think you are no longer able to reach them."
22. "It's important to have a twinkle in your wrinkle."
23. "Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young."
24. "Age is no barrier. It's a limation you put on your mind."
Jackie Joyner Kersee
25. "I believe we can keep ourselves young by surrounding ourselves with things that make us feel young."
26. "The dream is possible at any age. Go live your dream."
Lailah Gifty Akita
27. "We can't avoid age. However, we can avoid some aging. Continue to do things. Be active. Life is fantastic in the way it adjusts to demands. If you use your muscles and mind, they stay there much longer.
Charles H. Townes
28. "Age is just a number. Life and aging are the greatest gifts that we could possibly ever have."
"Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength."
"No one can avoid aging, but aging productively is something else."
Keep smiling, keep a positive attitude and keep learning. Forget your age and keep looking forward. Life can be good no matter your age.