"Clutter steals energy and joy."
"The first step in creating the life you want is to get rid of everything you don't."
This post does contain affiliate links in it. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn a commission if an item is purchased.
8 Guaranteed Benefits to Decluttering Your Home
We hear a lot about decluttering lately. It's the in-thing. Everyone seems to be talking about decluttering. And for a good reason, there are a lot of benefits to getting your clutter out of your home.
Clutter can create havoc in our life. Clutter can prevent us from thoroughly enjoying our home, family, and life in general.
Clutter takes up precious time that could be better used. Think about it, how many times have you had to search through a pile of clutter looking for something? And sometimes you didn't even find what you were working for. And I right? You wasted time, and you also ended up feeling frustrated, and your stress level jumped up.
Decluttering can be intimidating and a lot of work, but the benefits it will bring will make it well worth the time and work.
Benefits of decluttering-
1. Decluttering can be a way of making yourself a little cash. Many of those items that you have kept around will be useful to others. List them on an online market place or have a yard sale. Who doesn't like a little extra cash?
2. You will find that decluttering will boost your mood. That feeling of accomplishment and peace will improve your whole outlook.
3. Less stuff equals more space in your home. With the clutter gone from all the surfaces such as counters and tables, you now have room to do things—Board games, crafts, family dinners, etc. So less stuff also equals more fun.
4. Decluttering can save you money. No more having to purchase items that you know you have but can't locate. That's always frustrating. And it can get expensive.
5. You will find long lost and forgotten items. Things that you may treasure and some things you will wonder why you still have them. Toss the items you are not sure why even have them and display those with warm memories attached to them.
6. Your home will be much tidier, and it will be easier to clean. And something tells me you will be more motivated to keep things neat and tidy.
7. Less clutter will lead to less stress. Yes, it's true, too much clutter can be stressful. When the clutter is gone, and things are all in their intended location, it just plain feels good. It's easier to relax and enjoy your home.
8. Donating your unwanted and unneeded items will clear out your clutter and benefit others. So you can feel good knowing you have helped out those in need.
I have a feeling you will find a few more added good benefits to your life when you have accomplished your decluttering goals.
Books on decluttering-
"Picture your dream home. I bet it's not filled with clutter."
Jo Shua Becker
"Clutter smothers joy, while simplicity liberates it. Clutter makes life complicated, heavy, and wearisome. Simplicity makes life relaxed, carefree, and invigorating."